Organizing your children’s rooms can be time-consuming and stressful, especially if they have more toys than you have storage space, but there’s no need to panic! We have some great storage and organisation ideas to help you.
- To store their books, DIY a quick and simple book shelf this. You can put a spice rack up on the wall or on the back of the door where the little ones can reach them
- Organize toys into containers or baskets. Keep them on shelves to keep the room tidy and organised. Put toys used the most at the bottom for easy access. Make sure the shelves are secure and safe for the children to use – it may be a good idea to attach it to the wall.
- Make cleaning up easy by clearly labeling all the containers or baskets so your kids know where everything goes. If your children are old enough, get them to help out and get them to put it back in the right box. It’s a great way to teach cleaning and organisation as they grow. Best of all, they’ll know where everything goes from the start and they can’t say that they’ve lost it
- Consider portable storage containers. Use painted wooden crates or metal bins for personalized stylish option for children of all ages. With an endless array of colors, patterns, fonts and shapes to choose from, these storage containers can be a cool and decorative addition to any room
- Every once in a while, be sure to do a clean out of toys and clothes and separate them into 3 piles: keep, donate and discard. Throw away any broken toys, and store or donate any toys or clothes that your child has outgrown.
Need help decluttering your home? Contact us for for your personal self storage. We have a wide range of secure storage unit sizes to suit your needs.