As a small business owner, you face a lot of stress during the initial setup process, operations and execution of business. One of the most crucial and early decision made by small business owners is deciding the storage method. Most people associate self-storage for personal use; moving, downsizing, but self-storage has so much more to offer:
Not every business can afford a massive business site from the get go to allow for storage. Using a self unit storage can alleviate the problems of storing inventory and non-important documents, off site. Common businesses using self storage are contractors, restaurants, retail stores and realtors.
Did you know that self storage unit is 60% cheaper than commercial spaces? Self storage is perfect for businesses that are going through a transition phase like de-cluttering, but also trying to avoid the high cost of renting a commercial space for storage. At self storage facilities you are not paying additional costs to keep your items safe. As your business grows also, having access to cheaper space is great for your business.
Using a self-storage unit allows for more flexibility which is key to any emerging business. A good self storage provider will be willing to be flexible with you and the context of your business. For example, you might need more room on your business site to venture into seasonal trends. Hanover storage offers seasonal storage unit that allows your needs to be accommodated.
Your business site might not be the most secure location for your assets and self storage becomes useful in this area. Security is important for anyone’s belongings and Hanover offers safe secure to store materials such as tools, documents, supplies and so much more. Small business owners are guaranteed safe keeping of their assets
Having a secure local self unit storage, is more convenient that storing them at a warehouse that is not easily accessible. Business owners can find a self storage in a location nearby which can be reached anytime of the day
One great way to maximize space in your home is consistent recycling. The process of recycling can be extremely overwhelming if done all at once. There’s a lot that can be recycled in every room, with the right guidance. Room by room, here are our favorite ways to make that extra space through recycle.
- Recycling in the bedroom is the easiest to figure out. Start with old linens that no longer serve its purpose. Does your bedding still work or is it starting to feel old and shabby? Recycle or donate
- With clothes, the “if you haven’t worn it in 12 months, you don’t need it” approach works best. Donate items that can still be worn and recycle anything that cant be donated.
- Accessories and other items such as toys, games and books usually in the bedroom should be considered for recycling if no longer useful
- Pay attention to smaller appliances that no longer function properly. Items like blender, coffee machine, hot plate, egg beater are better off recycled than attempting to repair.
- If there are utensils you haven’t used in a year, donate. Pots that can not be used, such as pots without lids, can also be recycled.
- In addition, to maintain a recycling standard be sure to have recycling bins in your kitchen. An organic bin for plastics, bottles to return for deposit refund and paper.
- Recycling in the bathroom is all about creating storage space.
- Items like shampoo, pill and medicine containers,body wash and mouthwash bottles should be recycled.
- In addition old, unused personal care items such as electric toothbrush and dryers can be recycled.
Other household items, that can surprisingly be recycled include:
- Fluorescent bulbs
- CDs, DVDs and gaming discs
- Eye glasses, dental toiletries, etc.
Recycling can be a rewarding task; giving you space you need while helping to protect the planet. For items that cannot be donated, recycled and you do want to keep? Consider a secure self storage unit.
You might have de-cluttered, moved furniture around and even utilized a self storage unit but still find it hard to achieve your desired space. There’s a limit to how much space we can create without compromising our convenience. This is where these tips come in.
One easy way to give a “space” feel to your room is making use of furniture, such as arm chairs and sofas, that are raised on legs. Raised furniture allows for easier movement of light into the room. This effectively creates an illusion of having more space.
The use of transparent furniture like glass tables and plastic chairs, is another great way to make your room look spacious. Furniture pieces that are transparent allows you to see the walls and floor, giving the illusion of more space than there actually is. Where as, opaque furniture, completely blocks off space from view, giving your room the illusion of being smaller than it actually is.
When buying curtains, be sure to get sheer curtains that can help elongate your room. Sheer curtains block minimal light, allowing the room to look and feel more open. Avoid the curtains touching the floor, so you utilize all the length and height of the room.
If you are a book lover, floor-to-ceiling bookcase is the best choice for your living space. Floor-to-ceiling bookcases gives an illusion of a higher ceiling. The symmetry and of the bookcase draws the eye upwards systematically, emphasizing the height of your ceiling.
Enjoy your new space!
Moving out of your door room is an experience most students do not look forward to; It can be tedious and extremely challenging. Here at Hanover Storage, convenience and ease is paramount to us and we have the right tips to make your transition easier. While in storage, you want all your items clean and ready to use for the next semester.
The best method to packing up your room for self storage, is to individually prep all items the right way.
- For your large electronics like TV, stereo speakers, remove all batteries and unplug. This eliminates risk of corrosion
- Clean out the interior of your bar fridge, making sure it is clean and dry.
- Leave the door ajar for air flow and mould prevention
- Take out bulbs from electronics such as desk lamp. If the lamp has a different shade, remove and store separately to avoid damage.
- Take out glass carousel in microwave/toaster oven and pack separately with dishes
- If the original boxes of your electronics are still available, use for best protection. Otherwise, place foam inside packing box for safer transport.
- While in storage, place your electronics on top of each other, instead of the ground to prevent moisture damage.
- Items such as mirrors and picture frames must be wrapped in bubble wrap to protect from scratches and dusts.
- Carefully wrap your dishes in lots of newspaper. Then place bowls and plates on their sides, in a single layer and with thick layer of paper.
- Cups and glasses should be placed in an upright position and all space in box should be padded with paper for extra safety
- When storing breakable items, avoid placing them directly on the ground. Cold surface might cause glass to begin to crack
Books and Linen
- Larger boxes become too heavy to lift for storage if not stored in smaller boxes or storage bins. Preferably a bin for safer storage.
- Rare and valuable books should be kept in plastic sleeves for extra protection. Place books upright or flat on their sides.
- Place Linens and clothes in plastic bin bags to keep fabric moisture
- Make sure linens are clean and dry before packing and storage.
These tips, should suffice for an easy breezy move. Still looking for a storage space for your room? Contact us for the best rates
As we gear up for the fall season, its time to start thinking about the best way to store your summer favorite toys – Motorcycle and ATV. Contrary to popular belief, you certainly do not want to leave your wheeler outside, exposing them to harmful elements. By putting your recreational wheeler into winter self storage, you have a better chance of keeping it protected. However storing your wheeler, requires preventative maintenance to keep it in top condition for the next warm season.
- Wash motorcycle to remove any dirt and insects, wax bike to protect paint.
- Ensure that you clean and condition the bike’s leather
- Make sure you keep engine in check; do an oil change and a oil filter change. Add fresh fluids to your motorcycle like fuel stabilizer, antifreeze e.t.c
- Make sure the battery is fully charged before storage
- Finally, cover your motorcycle with a breathable fabric covers
- Preparing your ATV for the winter is dependent on the type of engine it has. Be sure to check specific manuals for storage instructions
- However if your engine has a carburetor, drain the fuel out. Make sure to also unplug the battery before storing.
- ATV with fuel engines do not need fuel drained but a fuel stabilizer is highly recommended before winter storage
Choosing the right storage for your wheeler is essential in keeping your wheeler intact throughout the winter. Do your research, prepare your motorcycle or ATV and use a self storage with appropriate climate control and security. Not sure how much storage your wheeler would need? Check out our seasonal storage deals and we can recommend the right size unit for your wheeler.
For more information on our storage units, please contact us