Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese system of governing spatial relationships within the home, reputed to aid the flow of energy in positive directions that will improve your finances, mood and generally your entire life. Here are 10 easy ways to incorporate Feng Shui into your home.
- Open the front door
- Clear the clutter
- Seek balance
- Bring the outdoors in
- Use mirrors wisely
- Stop runway Chi
- Make your bedroom restful
- Place family photos wisely
- Incorporate living plants
- Light up your space
For a more in-depth guide on how to Feng Shui click here
Hanover Storage and help you Feng Shui your home by storing your extra possessions in a secured, monitored, and heated facility. Let us help you achieve your Feng Shui goals!
It’s that time of year again, when snow days are always looming over our heads. As a child you likely used to pray for snow days, but as an adult they are not as fun! Here are 5 things you can do on a snow day to keep yourself or your little ones occupied.
- Go tobogganing and warm up with hot chocolate and marshmallows or warm apple cider when you come in to thaw out. Wanna try making your own Hot Chocolate? Click here for a recipe.
- Build a blanket fort and watch your favorite movie. Grab all your cozy blankets and pillows and get creative, pop some popcorn, and have a cozy movie day.
- Make paper snowflakes from construction paper or regular printer paper. Decorate with whatever craft supplies you have on hand, crayons, markers, stamps or glitter glue. When finished tape them to the inside of your windows. You can find instructions here.
- Bake chocolate chip cookies. Many hands in the kitchen make light work, get your little ones to help you measure and mix. Then enjoy warm with either hot chocolate or warm milk with cinnamon. You can find a tasty recipe here
- Build a snowman! Channel your inner Elsa and make a snowman, is there anything better to do on a snow day?
Did you know that January is the new September? Back to routine, new beginnings and a great time to re-organize and de-clutter your life and space! January is the perfect time to re-evaluate the space in your home, if you are looking for inspiration take a look at the new Netflix series Tiding Up with Marie Kondo .
Although some items in your house may not serve you now, they could later on in the year. So how do you de-clutter, simplify your life AND keep items that you know you will use later? Hanover Self Storage! We offer indoor, heated, monitored 8’x12′ storage units for only $69.95 per month! Check us out today and let us help you achieve your organization goals!
You might have de-cluttered, moved furniture around and even utilized a self storage unit but still find it hard to achieve your desired space. There’s a limit to how much space we can create without compromising our convenience. This is where these tips come in.
One easy way to give a “space” feel to your room is making use of furniture, such as arm chairs and sofas, that are raised on legs. Raised furniture allows for easier movement of light into the room. This effectively creates an illusion of having more space.
The use of transparent furniture like glass tables and plastic chairs, is another great way to make your room look spacious. Furniture pieces that are transparent allows you to see the walls and floor, giving the illusion of more space than there actually is. Where as, opaque furniture, completely blocks off space from view, giving your room the illusion of being smaller than it actually is.
When buying curtains, be sure to get sheer curtains that can help elongate your room. Sheer curtains block minimal light, allowing the room to look and feel more open. Avoid the curtains touching the floor, so you utilize all the length and height of the room.
If you are a book lover, floor-to-ceiling bookcase is the best choice for your living space. Floor-to-ceiling bookcases gives an illusion of a higher ceiling. The symmetry and of the bookcase draws the eye upwards systematically, emphasizing the height of your ceiling.
Enjoy your new space!
Moving out of your door room is an experience most students do not look forward to; It can be tedious and extremely challenging. Here at Hanover Storage, convenience and ease is paramount to us and we have the right tips to make your transition easier. While in storage, you want all your items clean and ready to use for the next semester.
The best method to packing up your room for self storage, is to individually prep all items the right way.
- For your large electronics like TV, stereo speakers, remove all batteries and unplug. This eliminates risk of corrosion
- Clean out the interior of your bar fridge, making sure it is clean and dry.
- Leave the door ajar for air flow and mould prevention
- Take out bulbs from electronics such as desk lamp. If the lamp has a different shade, remove and store separately to avoid damage.
- Take out glass carousel in microwave/toaster oven and pack separately with dishes
- If the original boxes of your electronics are still available, use for best protection. Otherwise, place foam inside packing box for safer transport.
- While in storage, place your electronics on top of each other, instead of the ground to prevent moisture damage.
- Items such as mirrors and picture frames must be wrapped in bubble wrap to protect from scratches and dusts.
- Carefully wrap your dishes in lots of newspaper. Then place bowls and plates on their sides, in a single layer and with thick layer of paper.
- Cups and glasses should be placed in an upright position and all space in box should be padded with paper for extra safety
- When storing breakable items, avoid placing them directly on the ground. Cold surface might cause glass to begin to crack
Books and Linen
- Larger boxes become too heavy to lift for storage if not stored in smaller boxes or storage bins. Preferably a bin for safer storage.
- Rare and valuable books should be kept in plastic sleeves for extra protection. Place books upright or flat on their sides.
- Place Linens and clothes in plastic bin bags to keep fabric moisture
- Make sure linens are clean and dry before packing and storage.
These tips, should suffice for an easy breezy move. Still looking for a storage space for your room? Contact us for the best rates